MOISTURE CONTROL & CRAWLSPACE SOLUTIONS
ARE YOU HAVING PROBLEMS WITH YOUR CRAWLSPACE? HIGH MOISTURE CONTENT? BAD SMELLING ODORS? TERMITES?
Excessive crawlspace moisture can cause major damage to your home including insect damage, air quality issues, wood rot and lead to many health issues. There are many factors that can contribute to excessive moisture such as humidity levels, poor drainage, foundation issues, leaking pipes and lack of ventilation. Before making a decision there are a few simple steps we recommend. It could save you incredible amount of money.
FACTORS TO CONSIDER BEFORE YOU MAKE A DECISION!
- Many times we see improper drainage around a structure due to the lack of gutters. Also noted is that many downspouts are not draining away from the structure, instead they drain directly next to the foundation. Check your gutters first, are they clogged? Are they draining away from my house? Are they in need or repair.
- Check your foundation vents. Are they automatic or manual vents? If they are manual, make sure all vents are open (Spring-Fall) to increase ventilation.
- Is a moisture barrier (plastic) installed inside the crawlspace? A properly installed moisture barrier should cover approximately 90% of the entire surface, leaving about one foot along the perimeter to all moisture to escape through the foundation vents?
HOW TO SELECT THE RIGHT COMPANY?
When looking for a company to provide moisture management, consider whether your termite bond will be voided by installing plastic around the foundation walls.
Should you install plastic around the piers and foundation walls?
The answer will vary depending on who you ask-A professional termite and pest control company vs. a “crawlspace” company! Check first! When installing plastic around piers and up the foundation walls, you could possibly prevent future termite inspections and future termite treatments since they sometimes require drilling and trenching the inside perimeter.
Integrated Pest Management, Inc. is unique since all factors are considered including “Termites” & “Moisture”. Need help? Our staff is willing to assist and address any questions or concerns you may have, provide a free evaluation and an estimate to solve the problem.
The unit’s horizontal configuration and unique dual airflow outlets make it an ideal solution for basements and crawl spaces. Installation flexibility makes the Advance2 ideal for almost any application. No conventional dehumidifier can perform as efficiently and effectively in basements and crawl spaces as the Santa Fe Advance2.
- Dual exhaust outlets allow for air distribution to multiple locations
- Conveniently sized for installation in crawl space or basement
- Horizontal solution is great for basement or crawl space application
Serving Wilmington NC, Brunswick, New Hanover & Pender County